I went to CKS Shilin Residence Park this morning before I got in my lab.
CKS Shilin Residence Park was a horticultural research center in Japanese colonial period, it was selected out to be a residence of Mr. Chiang Kai-shek (I don't know if I should call him the former president or the ditactor of Taiwan, so I use Mister.) and Madam Song in 1950, and it was open to the public in 1996 and was turned in to the first Park of Ecology in Taiwan.
Taipei City's Plum Blossom Show, Orchid Show, and Chrysanthemum Show are held annually in this park. I went there for the 2008 Chrysanthemum Show this morning. This year's Chrysanthemum Show took place during 15, November to 30, Novermber. It seems weird that I went there this morning. That is because I don't like to jostle against strangers in a crowd of visitors, I went there near the end of Chrysanthemum season to capture beautiful images of those flowers.
The opening hours of CKS Shilin Residence Park:
Daily Hours are from 8:00 to 17:00
Holiday Hours are from 8:00 to 19:00
Visitors can take MRT Red Line to get to Shilin Station. And take Bus 620, 304, and 255 near Exit 2 to go to the park. Acutally, the park is probably only 300m away from the station. Visitors can spend only 10 minutes walking to the park.
I LOVE TAIWAN
LABS AND BLOGS OF PSYCHOLOGY
- Emotion Rules
- Change Detection: Attention, Memory and Decision
- Cognitive Training
- Kensinger/Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Lab (Boston College)
- Lisa F. Barrett/Interdisciplinary Affective Science Lab (Boston College)
- Diego Pizzagalli/Affective Neuroscience Laboratory (Harvard)
- Brian Scholl/Perception and Cognition Lab (Yale)
- Lynn Hasher/Hasher Aging & Cognition Lab (Toronto)
- Kevin Oshsner/Social Cognitive Neuroscience (Columbia)
- Roberto Cabeza and Kevin LaBar/Center for Cognitive Neuroscience (Duke)
- Laura Carstensen/Life-span Development Laboratory (Stanford)
- Elizabeth Phelps/THe Phelps Lab (NYU)
- James Gross/The Stanford Psychophysiology Laboratory
- Mara Mather/Emotion and Cogntion Lab (USC)
- Psychology Software Tools, Inc.