Sunday, March 9, 2008

Krtek the Mole

One feature about the Internet that I love is its incredible information and data sharing function that tears down the barriers of time and space. I can find numerous things that I couldn't get before. One example is Krtek the Mole.

I used to watch a lot of animated features when I was a kid. Those animated features aren't like what children have nowadays. (Well, you can tell that I have some complaints, but I am not going to complain about present cartoons on TV here).

I used to watch a cartoon about a mole and his friends after school. I didn't know anything about it, but I loved it very much and I still love it now.

I had done online search few years ago and found its DVDs weren't available at that time. But I did search this afternoon and found a lot of information about it. Now I know it's a Czechoslovakian animation created by Zdenek Miler. And I can enjoy some of those animated films on Youtube.com. Fantastic animation!

A sharing group on Youtube.com
http://www.youtube.com/groups_videos?name=maulwurf

Zdeněk Miler
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zdeněk_Miler


The Mole and the Rocket, 1965


The Mole and the Green Star, 1969


The Mole in a Zoo, 1969


The Mole and the Lollipop, 1970


The Mole and the Umbrella, 1971


The Mole as a Painter, 1972


The Mole and the Music, 1974


The Mole and the Matches, 1974


The Mole as a Photographer, 1975


The Mole and the Small Fish, 2000

No comments: