Wednesday, December 19, 2007

2007-12-15 TongHou Hiking Trail 桶后越嶺 (PART IV)

I don't want to study even though I really have to. It seems that every graduate student commonly goes through some sort of escapism. I planed to go hiking in Xiao Shi Shan near where I live. While I was packing my bag, it started raining. I only could sit back in front of my desk and continue my story of TongHou Hiking.

We spent almost 5 hours on finding the trial head, we gradually felt tired and an idea of giving up the trail merged. At last, we decided to go hiking in PaoMa Hiking Trail, so we turned to the road to PaoMa. We passed by a sign which indicated we were in LongTan of YiLan. We had turned to Trail_Hacker for direction of the trailhead around lunch time. He told us it was near somewhere in LongTan. When we saw the sign, the idea of looking for TongHou came back to mind. We wanted to give it a try, so our quest of TongHou Hiking Trail continued.

We saw a police station on the road, and I came to it for direction. Two police officers were in the office. They tried to figure out what TongHou meant when I asked them few questions. It seemed that they didn't know the name of the hiking trail so I tried to explain its route to them. One of them realized what I meant and told me he knew the trailhead's exact location. A hope arose. The policeman checked my outfit and started persuading me not to go hiking there. He told me it was getting dark so I definitely couldn't make it in time. The trail was dangerous that many hikers get lost in the mountains. He said he often has to go there to rescue hikers. He just went there a week before and he himself also fell during the mission. As he was talking, he turned his back to me as if he wanted to show me where he got injured. (I was thinking in mind: "Sir! I really don't want to see your butt.")

Anyway, I got the information that the entry of TongHou was in XiaoJiaoXi. We only had to go straight down the road and turned right when we saw a TuJiCheng (chicken restaurant.) And soon we would see the entry.

We finally got the clearest direction for the locals, We were (I was) happy because soon we would arrive at the trailhead. But we had a wrong turn before the TuJiCheng. We spent extra time to go back on the right track. About 2 or 3 o'clock in the afternoon, we finally see the direction sign of TongHou Hiking Trail.

在不想看書的狀態,逃避現實似乎是每個研究生必經的歷程。原本計畫在三點出門爬在家附近的小獅頭山,準備出門時,竟然下起雨來,只好坐回書桌,繼續完成桶后越嶺的故事。.

我們一行人花了將近5個小時的時間尋找桶后越嶺步道,漸漸地累了,開始有放棄的念頭。最後,我們決定改走跑馬古道,因此驅車前往跑馬。在路上,我們經過宜蘭龍潭,在中午時,我們曾打電話向一位熟知各登山步道的網友求救,網友告訴我們,登山口就在龍潭附近。我們看到龍潭的路標,一種想要嘗試的念頭萌起。最後,我們還是想要試他一試,繼續我們尋覓桶后的旅程。

我們在途中看到一個小小的警察局,決定由我再去問路。兩位好心的警察先生你一句我一句的想搞清楚我說的到底是什麼地方。我試著解釋。其中一位好心的警察先生賭定地告訴我他知道登山口在哪裡,一絲希望油然而生啊!警察先生打量我的樣子,開始嘗試說服我不要去桶后。他告訴我天已經要黑了,時間上是一定來不及的,那裡的山路很危險,岔路多,很多登山客都曾在山裡迷路,他時常得上山搜救這些迷路的人。他還告訴我他上星期才到山裡去救人,還在山徑裡跌一大跤。說著似乎要把背部轉向我,讓我看他受傷的地方。(我心裡想著:先生,我實在不太想看耶~)

總之,我得到的訊息是登山口在小礁溪附近,沿者警察局前的路直走,在一家土雞城前右轉上山,我們就可以看到登山口。

希望總於浮現,我們(我)很高興地認為我們很快的就可以找到登山口。結果,我們在到土雞城前轉錯彎,又繞了一圈冤枉路。在下午兩三點左右,我們總於看到桶后越嶺的路標。





I was extremely happy to see the direction sign and gave it a big hug in enormous joy.
在看到路標時,我高興的要死,給這路標一個大大的擁抱啊!

No comments: