Saturday, December 22, 2007

2007-12-22 Lunch Party After Hiking Gilian Shan 午餐的約會

It was pretty nice to get together in Zhiching's new store. Undergraduates and graduates from different classes arrived one by one without any arrangement in advance; we showed up together coincidentally. The funny part was the gifts that every one presented were all alcohol. Is it the tradition of our department? :D
Well, the array of alcohol bottles was pretty impressive. We opened most of the bottles and had a great party in his store.

在志欽的新店面聚會,其實還蠻不錯的,心理系幾屆的大學生和研究生一個一個出場。很好玩的是,幾乎每一個人送的賀禮,都是酒類。這是我們的傳統嗎?並列的酒瓶其實還蠻壯觀的。我們,當然開瓶,然後在人家店裡開起酒友會來。

The party became alumni reunion. A get-together of psychology majors is all about research, thesis, interaction with instructive professors.

這場聚會變得有點像同學會兼系友會,我們一群學心理學的人聚會,其實聊的話題就是那些咩~近況,研究生、博士生的研究主題怎樣、指導教授怎樣,社會人士的話,就是聊一些工作的問題。

Mingde's thesis is about two-timers so I kept calling him the master of two-timer. Junxian was misled and thought Mingde was a two-timer. And we started talking about how to design questionnaire to investigate the psychology of two-timers, how to find two-timers as subjects and how to interview them. Junxian and I shared our research insterests and subjects of our thesis. I was interested in the nueropsychological results of visual perception span and working memory capacity that he brought up, and we dicussed the possiblity to their application to cognitive trainings for the elders. He gave me some information about the psychology of aging in Taiwan. That was great!


明德在研究劈腿,我都一直叫他劈腿大師。俊賢還以為明德劈腿,然後我們聊到怎麼找劈腿的人當受訪者,怎麼做劈腿研究。我和俊賢聊到自己的研究方向,我對於他談到關於視覺廣度和工作記憶的認知神經研究結果感到十分有興趣,稍微談到這些在老人研究的應用可能性,他同時給我一些關於目前老人研究的消息。

When we were exchanging ideas about study of aging, professor Liu asked me what the problems with the elders were. I quickly told her my ideas of the application to train the elders' working memory and didn't realize the possible meaning behind her question on the spot. I think professor Liu thinks I would do research in the fields of social psychology or family study on basis of the qualitative approach. But actually I had had discussions with professor Wang that I would do experimental research. I think my decision must surprise most professors in our department, well...and I haven't had time to have dicussion with professor Liu.


我們在交換意見的時候,劉老師問我:「老人有什麼問題?」我很快的談我認為視覺廣度和工作記憶可能在老人認知訓練上的應用。我當下沒意會老師的反應代表的可能性。我想劉老師可能一直覺得我會走社心人格領域,作質化的研究。我其實已經跟汪老師談好,要走認知實驗領域。我想,我這決定大概是會跌破很多人的眼鏡,而我同時一直沒機會和劉老師做意見交換和討論。

I think she must have some thoughts when she learned I would do research with professor Wang. I think it's necessary to talk with her when we have time.


我想,在當場,她聽到要跟汪老師作老人研究,她心理大概有些想法吧!等有機會,再和她討論吧!

I took the picture in the store, and I like it pretty much. It looks like the neurons' activation spreading out from thalamus.
這照片是我在餐廳裡拍的,我還蠻喜歡這照片的,因為它看起來像是視丘神經元激發的感覺。

No comments: