Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007-12-24-26 Yilan and Hualian 聖誕之旅:宜蘭與花蓮 PART II (清水斷崖)

We left Suao around 2 p.m., kind of late actually, but we still planed to visit Taroko National Park before checking in our B&B in Hualian. We got on Suhua Road-- the most dangerous and winding road in Northern Taiwan. Alone the road, I was thinking if it is proper for me to ride my bike on the road when I want to revisit Hualian or travel around the insland on my own. I realized it is not a good idea because I saw many big trucks dashing swiftly on the road. I have no confidence on my riding skill to tackle the traffic I had seen.

我們約在兩點左右離開蘇澳,計畫前往太魯閣,然後再到我們的花蓮民宿。這時間其實有點晚,到太魯閣可能有點趕。我們開上蘇花公路,北台灣最蜿蜒和危險的公路。在路上,我盤算著如果我要一個人騎車環島,沿著蘇花公路到花蓮的可行性。我發現騎車在蘇花公路上,其實蠻危險的。沿路上有很多砂石車呼嘯而行,以小小的摩托車和我的騎車技術可能很容易發生意外,這可行性實在不高。

Compared with the Road No. 9, Suhua Road is more winding and dangerous. The zigzag road made one of my classmates have severe car sick. We pulled over to give her a break. When we were chatting on the shoulder, we saw amazingly beautiful rainbow hanging high above the ocean. That's really breathtaking.

蘇花公路和北宜公路相比,是更蜿蜒和危險。這樣的路況讓我同學很嚴重的暈車,我們決定找到一個可以停車的路肩,讓她休息一陣子。當我們在路旁休息時,我們發現有一道很漂亮的彩虹高掛在海面上,這景致真的是很迷人。

I found that the picture doesn't show the rainbow well because of the light when I was posting it. Too bad. 我發現我拍的照片因為逆光的關係,沒有把這道彩虹拍得很清楚,真的是很可惜啊!


After enough rest, we continued our drive to Taroko.

When we were near the sign of Welcome to Taroko National Park, we saw two people lifting yellow strip and waiting for us to pass through. We didn't know what was happening. Few minutes later, we got a call from my classmate in another car. They were blocked because Suhau Raod was in reparation, and they were only allow to pass in one hour. We realized we just passed through the blocking line in time, but our other classmates didn't make it. And we had to wait for them for an hour. We didn't want to waste our time, so we decided to go to Qingshui Cliff. (Later, I found out that my classmates in another car also had great time near the entry of Taroko National Park in the same time.)

在充足的休息後,我們繼續前往太魯閣。

當我們在接近「歡迎光臨太魯閣」的標誌時,我們看到兩個工人高舉黃色警戒線讓我們通行。在那當下,我們沒搞不清楚發生什麼事情,不管三七二十一的就衝過去。過了警戒線沒多久,從另一台車裡打來一通電話,說他們被禁行,要等上一個小時後才能再通行。我們才知道那是施工的警戒線,我們剛好是最後一台車通過施工區。既然要等上一個小時,我們也不想浪費時間,所以打算到某個定點等他們。我們決定到清水斷崖。


When we arrived at Qingshui Cliff, it was getting dark, but it was great that it didn't rain. We could take a pleasant walk along an abandoned road.

當我們到清水斷崖時,天已經快黑了,但是很幸運的是並沒有下雨。所以我們可以下車,沿著車道散步。

The ocean was clear and it had two kinds of blue. The water of the inner part near the cliff was milky-blue; the water of the outer side was light-blue. Beautiful!

沿著車道,我們可以海面有兩層,靠近內側的海面是一種乳白帶藍的顏色,而外側則是淡藍色,真的很漂亮。

I love QingShui Cliff very much. It is really spectacular. The cliff is main reason I want to visit the east coast of Taiwan. I would like to spend more time in this region. I have been thinking hiking in the region around Qingshui Cliff, but it seems not a good idea so far because of the traffic in the region. I wish the big trucks driving through the Suhau Road could get fewer and fewer and the place would become friendly for travelers.

我個人很喜歡清水斷崖,它的景致真的非常壯觀。它。也是我會非常想要沿著東海岸旅行的主要原因。如果有機會的話,我會在這地方待上更久的時間。而且我曾經有個念頭是想沿著清水斷崖附近的區域健行。但是,目前這可能不是個可行的計畫,因為附近交通狀況真的不好。真希望蘇花公路上的砂石車能越來越少,而路況能越來越好。




I took picture of those two rocks was because the scenery was funny. The bigger rock in the right side resembles a terrier and the one in the left side is doggy poo. :D

我特別拍這張照片是因為我覺得這場景很好玩。照片裡右邊的石頭很像西莎狗 (蘇格蘭高地梗犬),然後左邊的小石頭是狗便便。XD



When we were talking a walk, one helicopter flew over us. It made high volume of noise which made me think of a movie-- Apocalypse Now directed by Francis Ford Coppola. The scene of the attack and the music-- Ride of the Valkyries--replayed in my mind. I had surreal feeling when I was taking picture of the helicopter.

當我們在散步的時候,有一架直昇機從空呼嘯而過。直昇機隆隆的聲音讓我回想起一部電影,柯波拉導演的「現代啟示錄」。其中直昇機空炸的場景和它的背景音樂華格納的「女武神的飛行」在我腦海中重演。我頓時有種超現實的感覺。


No comments: